7.16.2011

Plans and Directions

I wonder what God thinks about my strivings.

I should add that I mean those strivings that are neutral in regards to their morality. I would assume it that God frowns upon our sin and delights in uprightness.

I mean that I wonder what he thinks about when we cheer for a certain team or make plans to go here or there.

It frightens me greatly, because all at once I realize his utmost authority and can't help but question how much he cares about the things that I care about. I can understand, with a childlike reluctance, that the things that I hope for are probably not quite as high on the agenda as the spiritual obligations of the Father.

But to be honest, I don't know how much he cares. Maybe he thinks these plans are funny. Maybe God likes Barcelona and hates Real Madrid and the Yankees. Maybe God is neutral to my intentions of heading to the beach for my last weeks of summer.

I honestly do not know, and that scares me. Because I have a vague thought creeping in the back of my mind that perhaps I shouldn't care about these things as much as I do.

But I know that I do care, because sometimes, when its very late and I am worn down, I will earnestly ask God to care about these things also.

No comments:

Post a Comment